<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13597791\x26blogName\x3dAAAI-05++Blog\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://aaai05blog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://aaai05blog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7311799087187756948', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I should really get some sleep now

But instead I'll take a minute to introduce myself. I'm Michael Schwartz, a Computing Science student at Simon Fraser University. As Caroline and Geoff already mentioned, and as I will now shamelessly plug again, we will be demonstrating our Song Search and Retrieval by Tapping project at the Intelligent Systems Demonstrations on Tuesday. This is my first time at AAAI, or indeed any real conference, so I'm rather excited (and nervous) about the whole affair. Above all, though, I'm unbelievably fortunate to have the chance to participate in this conference at all, as until last week, I wasn't going to be able to attend.

In any case, we worked on this project under the supervision of Dr. Diana Cukierman, and I'm also working with Dr. Arthur Kirkpatrick on haptic interfaces. Speaking of which, I'm supposed to be working on that in only a few hours, so I think I'll sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home