<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13597791\x26blogName\x3dAAAI-05++Blog\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://aaai05blog.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://aaai05blog.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-7311799087187756948', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Another Hello (this time from Paolo)

I'm Paolo Massa, a PhD student at University of Trento, Italy. I'm coming to AAAI to present a paper "Controversial Users demand Local Trust Metrics: an Experimental Study on Epinions.com Community" (pdf) and to share ideas. I'm really looking forward for this conference, if you happen to be interested in trust, reputation, recommender systems, social software, don't hesitate to contact me! Anyway I'll be happy to discuss about any topic ;-)
Being a blogger myself, I guess I'll just guest-blog here sometimes while keeping my blog. I'll also try to posts photos on Flickr (see paolo on Flickr) and tag them with the tag aaai05.
Lastly let me mention that, while in Pittsburgh, I'll be hosted by a guy I contacted via HospitalityClub. What is HospitalityClub?
Our aim is to bring people together - hosts and guests, travelers and locals. Thousands of Hospitality Club members around the world help each other when they are traveling - be it with a roof for the night or a guided tour through town. Joining is free, takes just a minute and everyone is welcome. Members can look at each other's profiles, send messages and post comments about their experience on the website. The club is supported by volunteers who believe in one idea: by bringing travelers in touch with people in the place they visit, and by giving "locals" a chance to meet people from other cultures we can increase intercultural understanding and strengthen the peace on our planet.
I already used it and this is a perfect opportunity for meeting "local" people when you travel and for giving to anyone the chance to travel and see the world. I also often use CouchSurfing, a site with a similar goal. My suggestion is to sign up to HospitalityClub and to CouchSurfing. I'm looking forward to interesting discussions. See you in few days!
paolo from Italy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home